WHY DO I NEED TO HIRE A REAL ESTATE AGENT?
Your realtor should be an expert guide and be very familiar with the area. A home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. Realtors can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. Realtors can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. Property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a realtor, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your realtor will generally prescreen and co-op with other trusted agents and brokerages or accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A realtor will look at every angle from your perspective, offer negotiations and/or crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. Realtors handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every realtor must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
- Refrences. Your realtor should be able to provide you with at least 4 SOLID references of a job well done!
- Personality Traits. Look for an agent who is assertive but not pushy, honest and really has your best interest at heart!